Gustav Klimt

Gustav Klimt


Gustav Klimt is one of my favourite painters. He was born on July 14, 1862 and today is the 150 anniversary of his birth. He was an Austrian Symbolist painter, whose distinctive sign was to apply layers of gold leaf to his paintings.

While I was living in Vienna, I had the opportunity to visit the Österreichische Galerie Belvedere in the Belvedere Palace, where a lot of paintings of Klimt can be found, and I could see his masterpiece "The Kiss", one of my favourite paintings. I honestly have no words to describe it,  I spent a lot of time in front of the painting and kept discovering new details... It's really amazing.
Der Kuss
klimt.com
Google has dedicated today a doodle to Gustav Klimt. You can find more information here (in Spanish).

1 comentario:

  1. Great post! He is also one of my favorite painters! Lucky you that you got to be in front of such masterpiece!! xoxo Julieta

    ResponderEliminar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...